Updated Wash and Go Routine: http://youtu.be/q95jM0DZVB8
- Product Promises: Enjoy highly defined twists and twist-outs with this rich, creamy styler. Minimizes frizz and maximizes smoothness. Helps prevent shedding and thinning.
- Uses: Achieve strong, lasting curl and coil definition without hardness, without dryness, and without flakes. Made especially for your natural, highly textured hair-to nurture and deliver the ultimate moisturization. There’s even a wondrous, organic compound blended that helps to support healthy hair growth.
- How to Use: After cleansing, conditioning, and detangling hair, apply Twist Defining Cream in small sections from root to tip and twist away.
Sooo, I decided before I did my next review, I would use the product I was reviewing consistently for at least three months in order to give you a very accurate, informative review. I have been using the As I Am Twist Defining Cream for three months or more and it has become a staple in my regimen. I shied away from doing twist outs and braid outs for awhile because I could not achieve the shine, and lasting ability I was aiming for. I decided to give this product a try. After the first use, I was very impressed to say the least. This product is a cream with a medium consistency. It smells just like your favorite fruit flavored candy! The smell is so wonderful. I did a braid out the first time I used this product. I applied the product from root to tip and braided my hair in about 12-16 braids. I had never really had a successful braid out before I used this product. The results were amazing. My hair was so shiny, bouncy, and it smelled heavenly. It was also extremely moisturized. I continued to use this product on twist outs, flat twists, braids, and mini twist. Every single time, my hair is extremely moisturized and shiny. This product leaves your hair soft but it has lasting results. My hair was ON POINT for days after use of this product. As I Am Twist Defining Cream delivers on each and every promise it delivers. It is a little pricey, but definitely worth it. My fellow naturalistas, this product is 10/10 for me and I highly suggest you try it! Here are some pics of some of the styles I did while using this product.
This was a braid out using the As I Am Twist Defining Cream, so much SHINE and DEFINITION!!! If you would like to see how I achieved this look, check out my Youtube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm0USY19tVk&list=UUcy24C6D0PTKsiu9uJLYx4A
I am coming to you all today to VENT! I am so frustrated with my hair color! I loved it when I first done it, but my hair and texture are noticeably different now then it was before I colored my hair! Let me clarify, I didn’t just color my hair, I bleached my hair to achieve my hair color. I believe the bleach was the problem, not necessarily the coloring of my hair. I had colored my hair previously, but did not use bleach and I never experienced any problems. Now let me start off by saying, my curl pattern has ALWAYS been looser in certain spots than others, especially in the front of my hair and the nape of my hair, but this just adds to my frustration. I can’t tell if my curls are damaged in the front or just being their naturally looser curly selves (lol). I made the mistake of cutting of a lot of my hair after I first went natural and straightened my hair, thinking I had acquired heat damage because my curls were looser in the front, only to find that they grew back the exact same way. So you can see the dilemma. I have never had a problem cutting my hair, but I really don’t want to if it is not truly damaged. My hair continued to grow and retain length after my color, although I have done several trims since then. I decided that instead of cutting off all my hair again., I will just allow the color to grow out and cut it out as it grows more towards the ends. It just seems like it is taking forever, and this will be my first act of patience with my hair as far as not grabbing the scissors. I used to be very scissor happy (evil laugh)! I am really trying to give my hair a chance with this color but LAWD! A word of advice, I personally feel there is nothing wrong with coloring your hair as long as it does not involve bleach! I will NEVER bleach my hair again! I will post some pics before and after color, please let me know what you think! If you have any advice, please leave it in the comments below! Trust me I would greatly appreciate it!
I promised a product review in my last post so here it is! I’ll start with the Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer by Elasta QP.
- Product Promises: “Moisturizing Butter of Mango and Olive Oil creates this intensely rich thermal proctecting treatment. Use Olive and Mango Butter Moisturizer daily for softer fuller looking hair.”
- Uses: “Apply daily to target dry ends and help prevent breakage.”
- Styling Uses: “Excellent for Fingerstyle, Two Strand Twist and Spiral Rod Sets. Transitioners can apply to blend textures. Texturizers can define curls and waves.”
I have used this product a couple of times and my experiences were different each time. I’ve used this product on wet and dry hair and I’ve found it worked better for me on slightly damp hair. My favorite feature about this product is the smell, it smells sweet and heavenly. I LOVE it. The product is labeled as an “Intensive Treatment” but I wouldn’t necessarily say it lived up to that title. I spritzed my stretched, dry hair with the Leave-In H2 Conditioner, sealed it with coconut oil, then used the moisturizer to dry and add moisture to my dry ends and it did the job. My twistout results were pretty good when I used this product, but I have gotten better results and more moisture using Shea Moisture’s Curl Enhancing Smoothie ( I absolutely love that stuff). I just so happened to have a jar of the Elasta QP moisturizer that I’m trying to get rid of because (*clears throat, cues violin*) I have Hair A.D.D and I am a recovering product junkie!!! I am trying to use all the products I bought just because I seen it down the aisle at Walgreens! Don’t judge me! Ultimately, this product did the trick and I would definitely use it again. The Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer is good in my book! Now lets get to the really good stuff, the Leave-In H2 Conditioner.
- Product Promises:” Moisturizing Butter of Mango and Olive Oil leaves hair incredibly soft, and silky-smooth with great body, movement and shine. Perfect for natural, braided and straight styles leaving hair texture feeling like silk without build-up, dryness or frizz.”
- To Use: “Shampoo and rinse hair well. Spray Leave-In H2 liberally into hair. Gently comb through hair. DO NOT RINSE. Style as desired. For straightening curls, waves or smoothing frizz, blow dry hair.”
Let me start off by saying, this is a staple in my regimen! I absolutely love it! Like the moisturizer, the smell is amazing. I will literally be sitting in my car or in class, and in my head I’m wondering, “Man what smells so good?” Then I realize, the wonderful smell is my leave-in conditioner! That is my favorite thing about this product. I also feel that it is very effective as a leave-in conditioner in my hair. It does create body and movement in my hair as well. There is no build-up and it mixes well with my other products. This product gets an A+ from me. I would recommend this product to a fellow natural, but do keep in mind that what works for me may not work for you! Hopefully, this review is helpful to you all and please feel free to comment and let me know how these products worked for you! Thank you all for taking the time to read this review!